Following the successful format of the previous meetings, we will hold the 5th International Open Working Group Meeting for Hyper-Kamiokande in Vancouver, Canada, on the campus of the University of British Columbia and TRIUMF.
The meeting will be open to all interested scientists and community members.
The outline of the meeting is:
- 19 July (Sat.): Preemeetings, Prototype detector meeting, and IBR (International Board of Representatives) Meeting
- 20 July (Sun.): Plenary Sessions, Workshop Dinner
- 21 July (Mon.): Plenary Sessions
- 22 July (Tue.): Plenary Session till noon, followed by tour of TRIUMF.
Online payment of the registration fee of $CA100, which includes the workshop dinner on Sunday night, is available on the registration page. It also has an access to information for visa request.The slides for the past open meetings can be found here;
- 1st Open Meeting (August 2012)
- 2nd Open Meeting (January 2013)
- 3rd Open Meeting (June 2013)
- 4th Open Meeting (January 2014)
- cavern excavation,
- tank liner material and its design,
- photo-sensors and their support structure,
- DAQ electronics and computers,
- calibration systems,
- water purification systems,
- software development,
- neutrino beam-line,
- near detector,
- physics potentials of Hyper-K, and so on.
Participants are encouraged to submit abstracts for talks in which to present their individual interests in topics specifically related to Hyper-K, as well as discuss possible future contributions to the project.
If you would like to contact the relevant people in our group in advance to discuss the Hyper-K project and its development work, please click the contact information menu on the right side of this page to send an email to us.
We expect that those who are interested in joining the project will come to this meeting. However, the meeting will require prior registration to participate. Due to capacity constraints at the meeting site we urge all interested parties to register at their earliest possible convenience.
A NuPRISM workshop will be held 22 July (afternoon) to 24 July (morning), immediately following the HK workshop.
We are looking forward to seeing you in Vancouver!
Scientific Organizing Committee:
Francesca DI LODOVICO (QMUL), Mark HARTZ (Kavli IPMU), Yoshinari HAYATO (ICRR), Yusuke KOSHIO (Okayama), Neil MCCAULEY (Liverpool), Akihiro MINAMINO (Kyoto), Shun-ichi MINE (UCI), Makoto MIURA (ICRR), Tsuyoshi NAKAYA (Kyoto), Shoei NAKAYAMA (ICRR), Yasuhiro NISHIMURA (ICRR), Kimihiro OKUMURA (ICRR), Hiroyuki SEKIYA (ICRR), Masato SHIOZAWA (ICRR, chair), Yasuo TAKEUCHI (Kobe), Hidekazu TANAKA (ICRR), Hirohisa TANAKA (UBC/IPP), Mark VAGINS (Kavli IPMU), Chris WALTER (Duke), Roger WENDELL (ICRR), Masashi YOKOYAMA (Tokyo)
Local Organizing Committee:
Sampa BHADRA (York), Akira KONAKA (TRIUMF, Chair), Hirohisa TANAKA (UBC/IPP)