This online theory workshop will bring together Quarkonia and Dark Matter physicists. The main goal of this workshop is to exchange theoretical knowledge on the intersection of both fields. In particular, this includes state-of-the-art effective field theoretical descriptions of heavy pair annihilation and bound-state formation/dissociation inside a plasma, as well as non-equilibrium quantum field theories for describing the systems dynamics, such as open quantum system treatments and the Keldysh-Schwinger formalism. For this initial meeting, speakers are experts in the fields and selected by invitation only. Participants are encouraged to apply for a poster contribution.
- 15th June 2021 - 18th June 2021
- Daily from 8:00 PM to 11:59 PM JST (1 PM - 5 PM CET, 7 AM - 11 AM EDT)
- Online ZOOM workshop
- Poster session in gather town
- Poster shot presentation in ZOOM
- 15th: Overview talks, introduction of both systems and their descriptions, what and why Dark Matter meets Quarkonia, quick presentation (2 min each) of posters in ZOOM, gather town poster presentation.
- 16th: Status of finite temperature descriptions in both fields (non-relativistic, potential non-relativistic EFT, open quantum system treatments, Keldysh-Schwinger formalism), experimental Quarkonia observation in quark gluon plasma, round table session.
- 17th: Dark Matter model cases, relic abundance computations, refinements, round table session.
- 18th: Non-perturbative bound-state effects Dark Matter, monopole transitions Dark Matter, hydro simulations Quarkonia, lattice simulations Quarkonia, best poster price, closing remarks.
Invited speakers (preliminary):
- 15th: Junji Hisano, Kalliopi Petraki, Mikko Laine, Antonio Vairo
- 16th: Tobias Binder, Miguel Angel Escobedo, Tom Mehen, Weiyao Ke
- 17th: Simone Biondini, Bruno Scheihing-Hitschfeld, Martin Beneke, Juri Smirnov, Julia Harz
- 18th: Tracy Slatyer, Kalliopi Petraki, Michael Strickland, Alexander Rothkopf
Tobias Binder, Shigeki Matsumoto, Nora Brambilla, Xiajun Yao and Tom Melia
World Premier International Research Center Initiative (WPI), MEXT, Japan (S. Matsumoto & T. Melia & T. Binder), JSPS Core-to-Core Program Grant Number JPJSCCA20200002 (S. Matsumoto & T. Binder),
JSPS KAKENHI Grant Number
20H01895 (S. Matsumoto & T. Binder),
17H02878 (S. Matsumoto),
JP19H05810 (T. Melia),
JP20H01896 (T. Melia),
JP20H00153 (T. Melia & S. Matsumoto)